
Get ready....Set.....Go! Emma's first time in a Hamster Ball Derby.
Ansley and Emma
All the participants in the Hamster Ball Derby
John had to work some this past Saturday and Sunday so while he was working I took Ansley to the local pet store, Petco, so our hamster could compete in the Hamster Ball Derby. What!? You've never heard of the Hamster Ball Derby!?? Neither had I until our neighbor told us about it. Ansley desperately wanted to take Emma (the hamster) there to compete. So we arrived early in order to participate in the practice rounds and Emma did fairly well. But when it was time to really race she got a slow start (she decided to groom herself instead of focusing on the race) and came in 2nd in the qualifying round. So, sad to say we didn't make it to the final competition and we didn't win a prize. But don't you worry. We're practicing for next year's competition!
We had to miss Cameron's wedding this weekend in Hilton Head, SC (Cameron is John's cousin) and we really hated that we missed it. The weather was beautiful and I'm sure the wedding was beautiful too. John's business is busy and the new condo is almost finished and we leave in 1 1/2 weeks for vacation so things are a little crazy (but good) right now. We send our Congrats to the newly married couple. We can't wait to see pictures!
I'll write more soon -- Stephanie
No comments:
Post a Comment