

Yesterday after school I decided I would get the girls ready and head to the mall to have their picture taken with Santa. I didn't have many more days that I could work it into the schedule so I decided to go to South Park Mall (which is farther away and quite a bit more traffic in that area of town) so I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone: Santa picture and get a gift from Caswell Massey that I need before next week since it's the only one around here. But as the time approached I just dreaded driving to that mall and back in traffic and then getting home late and still having to eat and do homework, bath night, etc. So I wimped out and went to Carolina Place Mall instead which is only 15 minutes from the house. We got lucky and got in line just before they shut the line down so they could finish so Santa could go on his dinner break.
Elisabeth wasn't sure about the whole sitting on Santa's lap idea and I could tell by the look on her face when we were next in line that she was definitely reconsidering. She looked up at me and said "No. I'm not sitting on his lap. I'll stand beside him but I'm not sitting in the chair or on his lap." As we approached Santa much to our surprise.....he started speaking Chinese to Elisabeth. It wasn't what I expected and I didn't know what to say. She said Ni Hao (hello) back to him and he continued to speak English and Chinese to Ansley and Elisabeth. The first picture was of Ansley sitting on Santa's knee and Elisabeth standing beside Ansley. Then as Santa continued to joke and talk with them he moved Ansley to the other knee and picked Elisabeth up and sat her on this chair beside him. Then after more talking he picked her up and put her on his knee. I don't even think she realized it! Boy he's good! The picture turned out so cute and much to my surprise they are both on his lap. I spoke to him a few minutes afterwards and found out he grew up in Hong Kong as a missionary kid and that's how he knows how to speak Chinese. Is that cool or what? What are the odds of finding a Chinese speaking Santa. That made my day!
Elisabeth wasn't sure about the whole sitting on Santa's lap idea and I could tell by the look on her face when we were next in line that she was definitely reconsidering. She looked up at me and said "No. I'm not sitting on his lap. I'll stand beside him but I'm not sitting in the chair or on his lap." As we approached Santa much to our surprise.....he started speaking Chinese to Elisabeth. It wasn't what I expected and I didn't know what to say. She said Ni Hao (hello) back to him and he continued to speak English and Chinese to Ansley and Elisabeth. The first picture was of Ansley sitting on Santa's knee and Elisabeth standing beside Ansley. Then as Santa continued to joke and talk with them he moved Ansley to the other knee and picked Elisabeth up and sat her on this chair beside him. Then after more talking he picked her up and put her on his knee. I don't even think she realized it! Boy he's good! The picture turned out so cute and much to my surprise they are both on his lap. I spoke to him a few minutes afterwards and found out he grew up in Hong Kong as a missionary kid and that's how he knows how to speak Chinese. Is that cool or what? What are the odds of finding a Chinese speaking Santa. That made my day!
No comments:
Post a Comment