Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Li Yan Lin (aka May), our Chinese exchange student

Elisabeth, May and Ansley. May is reading Chinese word books to the girls.
Ansley on the pogo stick. She wanted me to try but I figured I would just injure myself!
The girls trying to explain to May how to do the skip-it (skip-it is a toy that goes around your leg and then you swing it and jump over it with your other leg. )
Ansley doing the skip-it that she got for her birthday
Blowing bubbles


May arrived safe and sound today from Washington, D.C. They flew there from China a few days ago and were able to get adjusted to the different time zone and do a little sightseeing before flying to Charlotte. We picked her up around 5:15 this evening and brought her home so she could settle in and rest a little bit. I cooked her some fried chicken, green beans, bread and watermelon for dinner. Then we went outside and played for a while so Ansley and Elisabeth could get rid of some of their energy before going to bed. We blew bubbles, played with the skip-it and the pogo stick. Some of our neighbors came out to meet her and with all of us talking to her in English at such a rapid speed I'm sure she is exhausted and glad to go to her room and close the door! Elisabeth and Ansley really like her and we do to! She is so sweet and easy to get along with. Elisabeth brought down her Chinese word books that we bought in China so May could help her pronounce some of the words. They enjoyed doing that together! I posted a few pictures above so everyone could see what she looks like and I'll definitely be posting alot more over the next few weeks.

No comments: