Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jonas Brothers Concert

Riding the Lynx train to Uptown Charlotte
The line of people trying to get into the arena Posing for a quick picture before we went in The Jo Bros!!
Don't ask me which one is which...I can't keep them straight

Jordin Sparks

Jordin Sparks (and somebody's head)

Jonas Brothers

Ansley dancing and having fun


The arena before all the lights went off

Once the lights went off and the bright lights of the stage came on



I went with Ansley and her friend and friend's mom to the Jonas Brothers concert in uptown Charlotte last Friday night. We ate at Steak N Shake before the concert and then parked and took the train to the Time Warner Cable Arena. The girls were so excited and hyped up all the way there. We had nose bleed seats because neither I nor my friend Sharon were willing to pay anymore for tickets. But the view from the seats turned out to be pretty good. The stage was in the round so you could see the whole thing from where we were sitting. The only problem with being up that high is that the sound isn't that good. We couldn't always understand what they were saying. The amount of screaming in that arena was like nothing you have ever heard (or probably want to hear!). I thought I was going to go deaf! 3 bands played before the Jonas Brothers came out: Honor Society, The Wonder Girls and Jordin Sparks (from American Idol). Ansley got a little bored during all these bands because she really just wanted to see the Jonas Brothers. After about an hour or a little more they finally came on stage.......and wow was it loud in the arena then! They put on a 2 hour concert and it was great. Very entertaining and very clean! Their stage was really cool - it raised and lowered, they shot foam into the audience, they put a trampoline in the middle of the stage at one point in the concert, etc.

The bad part about the evening is that from all I read on the web and on my ticket I just wasn't sure if I could bring in a my big 35 mm camera with the extra heavy duty zoom lens. I was afraid if I brought it (cause there's no hiding it) and they said I couldn't bring it in then I would have been up the creek. Since we didn't drive I couldn't just take it back to the car. So I brought my little itty bitty camera and my phone. They did OK but on top of that I forgot to put an SD card in the camera (duh) so I could only take about 10 pictures before the memory filled up. Oh well....the best memories will just have to be in our heads instead.

By the time we got out of the concert and rode the train home it was about 11:45 pm. I was exhausted! Ansley said she wasn't tired (yeah right) but she fell asleep very quickly! All in all it was a fun concert. Wish we could go see Miley Cyrus in November but she has become slightly unpredictable so I don't want to take Ansley to go see her. Ansley definitely had fun and danced all night long. I'm sure this won't be our last concert. :-)

No comments: