Thursday, September 3, 2009

1st Soccer Practice



Oops......don't pick up that ball with your hands!


Elisabeth had her first soccer practice on Monday night, August 31st. She is playing with Victory Sports which is a Christian sports league that is run by a couple that goes to our church. It is such a great ministry! Anyway...it is hilarious to watch 4 year olds try to learn to play soccer. They have such a short attention span and are just all over the place. We just had to laugh. We applaud the coaches because it takes great patience to coach the 4 year old team! :-) The name of Elisabeth's team is the Stars.

I forgot to get soccer socks so Elisabeth had to wear her shin guards under her regular socks which didn't come up high enough. Kind of dorky but we'll try to do better next time. I also need to go and get her a soccer ball so she can practice at home. She's definitely going to need some extra practice if she is going to know what to do at the first game in a few weeks. She just thinks it's so great to be doing a sport that is all her own........instead of going to watch Ansley do gymnastics and never getting to participate.

On another note, Ansley started piano lessons this week. She is taking from a sweet lady that plays piano and leads worship at the women's bible study at church on Tuesday mornings. I think Ansley is going to enjoy taking piano from her. I am going to try and learn a thing or two again too so maybe I can play some songs with her! We'll see how that goes....who knows maybe we'll be able to play a Christmas carol or two by the end of December. Woo Hoo!

No comments: