Thursday, November 5, 2009

National Adoption Month

November is National Adoption Month and Sunday, November 8th is National Orphan Sunday. Won't you consider adopting or in some way supporting orphans around the world?

(the following is taken from the Cry of the Orphan website. The link to it is on my blog)

The numbers are staggering...More than 140 million orphans worldwide…15 million children orphaned due to AIDS…500,000 children in America’s foster care system…127,000 children in the US waiting for adoptive homes.

It’s time for the body of Christ to step up. The urgent needs of orphans around the world are calling the Christian community today to a radical faith. One church, one family, one person can make a difference.


We can make a difference! I am challenging myself to find new ways to help also. I have some ideas rolling around in my head and once I figure them out and how best I can help I will be sharing it on my blog.

Steven Curtis Chapman will be doing a live broadcast on Sunday, November 8th at 4 pm. You can find out how to tune in via your computer by going to www.orphansunday.org/concert. I plan on watching. If it has anything to do with Steven Curtis Chapman then it should be good!

No comments: