| The beach at Hunting Island State Park Campground |
| Elisabeth really hasn't ridden a bike much... mainly her Big Wheel. This is the first time we brought her bike camping with us. She enjoyed riding all over the place! |
| Woo Hoo! Let's go ride the waves! |
| Playing in the water and sand. It's what I do best! |
| Ron riding the waves |
| Ansley catching a good wave |
| Our little place on the beach |
| The horseshoe crab we found while walking on the beach. I couldn't get him to come back to really shallow water so I could get a good picture of him. |
| The 2nd whole sanddollar we found. This one was alive though so Ansley wouldn't take it. |
| A cute crab |
| The sanddollars we found. Only one of them was whole. |
| Ansley thinks this is Santa Claus in disguise! HA HA HA! |
| Elisabeth's sand castle village |
| Ansley's sand drawing |
Deer would come right up to our campsite. Ansley and Elisabeth fed them right out of their hands! Raccoons would also come around at night to see if there was any food they could get into.
Elisabeth riding her bike on the beach for the first time.
Ansley and Jan riding on the beach to see what treasures they can find.
Taking a bike ride.....no let me re-phrase that.....a LONG bike ride through the mosquito ridden forest.
And not only were there mosquitos in the forest......there were also banana spiders. I just can't tell you what I would have done if I had run into one of these webs while riding bikes. I would have had to go to therapy I can assure you.
The Hunting Island Lighthouse. John climbed to the top. The rest of us that took the LONG bike ride through the forest were too tired to climb to the top. We got ice cream instead.
View from the top of the lighthouse
View of the forest that we rode through. LONG bike ride.
The beach between the campground and the Lighthouse is filled with trees and driftwood.
Going to the campground via beach this time instead of forest.
Taking a break
Meeting Dad and Nancy in Beaufort and eating dinner at Luthers.
Playing on the playground down at the Beaufort waterfront. This thing spun round and round. I felt sick just watching it.
A beautiful Beaufort sunset
No comments:
Post a Comment