Monday, July 18, 2011

A few Ecuador pictures.....

We haven't had much time to get on the Internet since we've arrived in Ecuador.  It has been a whirlwind since we landed on Saturday evening.   I had a few extra minutes tonight to upload a few pictures but it doesn't even scratch the surface of what I want to show you and tell you about Ecuador.  I hope to be able to blog in more detail in the next few days if we have time.  Visiting the orphanages was a very emotional experience today.  I wish I could post some pictures of the children that we met today but they have asked that we not post any of their pictures to blogs or facebook.  I will just have to wait until we get home to show you their adorable faces and tell you their sad stories.  I will write more soon!
Love to see them carrying the babies like this

This mother and child was in the market and I asked if I could take their picture.  This child's cheeks are the yummiest things.  I could eat her up.

The mountains are beautiful


The courtyard outside our room

Our group in front of a beautiful lake that's at the base of a volcano

John, Stephanie and Monique on the way to Otavalo

No comments: