Ansley participated in her first horse show last weekend. The weather was perfect and everything went very well (ie: Ansley didn't fall off and break anything and scare me to death). We had no clue what to expect or what we were getting into. Luckily someone dropped off riding pants and boots at the barn a few weeks ago and Ansley's riding teacher gave them to Ansley for free. What a blessing! I love free. :-) The only thing we had to buy was a while polo shirt so preparing for the horse show was pretty easy on my part. Ansley rode Gypsy. It's the horse she normally rides during her lessons. She's an Arabian and very sweet. Lazy alot of the time but very sweet. We prayed that Gypsy would be in a good mood for the horse show and not be cranky and stubborn. Thank goodness she woke up on the right side of the bed and cooperated the whole day. I can't say the same about some of the other horses though. There were several young girls and guys that had tears that day due to the behavior of their cranky horses.
Ansley had a FABULOUS time and enjoyed the whole day. And I mean a whole day. We were there 6 1/2 hours. I was exhausted by the time we left and I didn't even do anything but stand around and watch. The sun zapped all my energy.
Ansley won 5 ribbons:
5th place: English walk/trot (13 & under) class
1st place: Beginner Riding Lesson - Walk/Trot class
4th place: Arabian/Morgan go as you please class
4th place: Equitation English (13 & under) class
2nd place: Egg and spoon race
We are very proud of her and her positive good attitude throughout the whole show (even when she wasn't winning a ribbon). We chalked it all up to fun and a learning experience with the added bonus of taking home a few ribbons.
I think this horse is beautiful
It was a VERY long day for Elisabeth but she hung in there without too much complaining.
Yay Ansley!
No comments:
Post a Comment