Saturday, January 10, 2009
Puppy Tales
There's nothing like a new puppy. I love their puppy kisses, curling up in your lap and just being so cute in general. But then they start to grow and start doing bad puppy things. For instance, eating all my potted plants in my backyard, eating the nozzle off the hose, pulling the dog bed out of the doghouse so it sits for 3 days in the rain, etc, etc. We tried taking both Winston and Belle on a walk to our neighborhood park yesterday. It was definitely a sight to see! Winston does well but he is strong and can sometimes pull Ansley in directions that she doesn't want to go. Ansley pulls forward and he pulls backwards and off comes his collar with the leash attached. In the meantime I'm trying to walk Belle who has no leash manners at all! She's pulling and twisting and cutting the circulation off from my hand because I have the leash wrapped around my hand so tight in an attempt to gain some kind of control. At one point she pulled forward and up so fast that she literally did a back flip but I caught her before she landed on her back and head on the pavement. She is one crazy dog. The walk didn't last long because I couldn't take it anymore. We brought them home and tried getting them in the fence from the side gate. We would get one in and the other would run out. We tried for 5 minutes to get them in --- funny to watch I'm sure. Wasn't funny to me though. I won't be taking Belle on another walk for a while :-) As I type this the dog just jumped on the patio table and is standing on it looking at me and mocking me. Why I ask? Why?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think our dogs were separated at birth!!! I swear Abby is psycho and needs a tranquilizer!
Post a Comment