
Getting ready to climb

John is on the left at the top of the wall
Ansley is almost to the top of the wall
She made it to the top of the 50 ft wall!!
Ansley making her way to the top
She tried the medium wall first but didn't make it to the top. It was a little too hard for her first try.
The splash park
We went camping this past weekend for the first time in our new pop-up camper. Woohoo! We went to our favorite place: Charleston, SC. We stayed at James Island County Park and had a wonderful time. The weather was perfect and it never rained the whole weekend.....thank goodness! We rode bikes, went to the water park (the water was a little too cold for me though), Ansley and John climbed the rock wall, we went to the dock in the marsh and watched people catch blue crabs and a stingray and of course we roasted marshmallows. It just wouldn't be camping if we didn't roast marshmallows! It was our trial run with the new camper and everything went smoothly. We spent a good bit of time once we got there trying to organize everything inside the camper and making sure we knew how the potty and shower worked. We didn't want to recreate any scenes from the movie RV with Steve Martin. Funny funny movie if you've never seen it. But it's only funny because all the stuff happened to him. Poop exploding in OUR faces wouldn't have been so funny.
It was nice having the option to take a shower and go potty in our own camper and not having to go to the bath house if we didn't want to. The shower is small....very small... so it takes some getting used to but it wasn't too bad.
Ansley had been begging to go to the Rock Climbing Center they have there and climb the wall. She climbed all the way to the top of the 50 foot wall (twice) all by herself. She was so proud and so were we! From the top of the wall you can look straight out over the trees and see the big new bridge in Charleston. The bridge is about 7 miles away. Pretty neat. John climbed too and reached the top also. I am afraid of heights and had no desire to climb to the top whatsoever. People think I'm missing out on so much because I don't like roller coasters, ferris wheels and climbing to the top of walls.......but honestly I hate heights and all 3 of the above involve being high off the ground so I really don't feel the least bit like I'm missing out on anything. I can find other ways to get an adrenaline rush. :-) I'm content just staying at the bottom and being the photographer. (Oh yeah....I forgot to pack the camera on this trip so we don't have many more pictures than what you see above. Thank goodness our phone takes pictures.)
We ate lunch at Folly beach one day which is always nice. I love Folly Beach and Sullivans Island. I could seriously live there or at least have a condo there so I can go visit on the weekends. Love it, love it, love it. We didn't make it to the Citadel this time around but that's OK (we've been there alot) so we'll have to make sure we go by there next time.
We can't wait to back to Charleston in September to camp during Labor Day weekend. We are planning another camping trip in 1 1/2 weeks but we are sticking close to home this time. We are trying out some local campgrounds that we've never been to before. If anyone knows of any really good ones please let us know. We're always looking for new places to try!
No comments:
Post a Comment