Monday, May 4, 2009

Spring Yard Sale


Ansley's teacher stopped by to get a drink and a cookie. She owed $.75 for her purchase and gave Ansley a 5 dollar bill. In this picture Ansley is working hard to figure out how much she owes Mrs. Wright. They just finished a chapter on money so Mrs. Wright gave Ansley a 5 dollar bill on purpose to make her do some work! Ansley finally figured out how much to give her back -- Mrs. Wright gave her a tip for making her work so hard on a Saturday!


Our neighborhood recently had its community yard sale and once again we participated in an effort to clear our house of more junk. Our junk is someone else's treasure right? I talked the girls into getting rid of some of their stuffed animals. We have WAY too many. I promised them that if they could put some toys and stuffed animals in the sell pile then they could keep the money they earned from them. That perked them up! They put quite a bit in the sell pile! Yay! I also decided it would be fun for them to sell drinks and cookies to those driving around the neighborhood for the yard sale. It was 85 degrees that day so I figured by noon people would be hungry and thirsty. We loaded down the cooler with lemonade, coke, diet coke and water and had chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and frosted sugar cookies on hand. I wish I could say I made them but there was just no time for that. Walmart made them instead.


We had an OK turnout for the sale. It definitely wasn't as good as in past years. We still made OK money and used it to help re-stock our new camper. The girls did really well and made $34 dollars or so by selling drinks, cookies and stuffed animals. They did well! Everything that didn't sell was hauled off to Goodwill later that afternoon. I am so glad that is over with. Yard sales are not my favorite thing to do. They are alot of work!


No comments: