This week is VBS at our church. Last night there were 400+ kids in attendance. WOW! This year's theme is Boomerang Express: It all comes back to Jesus. Elisabeth was old enough to meet in the sanctuary with the "big" kids this year instead of going to a class on the pre-school hall. She was excited and a little overwhelmed the first night. But she is loving it! Ansley's squad sits right behind Elisabeth so it's nice they are near each other. I didn't volunteer to help this year because I had some prior commitments that would make me miss several of the nights. I miss not being there with the kids though! It is exhausting each night but a lot of fun. And one of the great side benefits is the kids are so tired that they sleep late the next day! Can we do VBS all summer? :-) Right now it's 8:48 am and my kids are still asleep. This is unheard of........I'm enjoying my quiet time in the morning while it lasts.
On another note.....each Tuesday our local library does kids programs that are free of charge. We always try to attend during the summer. Yesterday was a little play called Cinderella -- A Twist. It was so good! We got there early enough to sit right at the front. Ansley got picked from the audience to go up and participate. She had to wear a wig on stage. It was pretty funny! But sad to say the only thing I could think of was.....oh my how many other kids have had that thing on their head.......did they have lice.......did they wash their hair recently? Bad I know but true. After having a recent lice scare near our household I can't help but think of it often. Anyway it was a good show and provided many laughs. Afterward we met some friends at Chick-fil-a and they were all able to run and play together. I tried the peach milkshake for the 1st time. YUMMY! I love a good milkshake with fruit in it. Not that the fruit really makes it any healthier but I just love fruit.
Not much else has been going on here. Just trying to keep up with housework, entertain the kids so I don't have to hear "I'm bored.....there's NOTHING to do" 90 times a day and do my work for John that takes a load off of him and helps keep him from having to work on the weekends. At the end of this week we are going camping in the GA mountains. Should be a nice relaxing Father's Day weekend. Of course I'll post pictures when we return.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment