We went camping this past weekend in Hiawassee, GA (near Helen). We stayed at Enota campground and had a great time. The drive was a little long but worth it. Enota is in a valley and there are 2 waterfalls on the property. Mountain streams also run through the property. I love to hear the sound of the water.....it's very calming and peaceful. Each camp site has a built in deck which was really really nice. We parked our camper right next to the deck and it really made everything convenient and kept our shoes and feet from getting so dirty when walking in and out of the camper.
On Saturday morning we hiked to the 200 foot waterfall. The path was a little steep and the path down to the base of the waterfall was steep and muddy. But we all made it without falling and rolling down the hill. I thought we did pretty well! The water at the bottom of the waterfall is shallow so you can go swimming in it and can even go under the waterfall. The water was freezing!! We all played in the water but only Ron, Jan, Scott, Ansley and Elisabeth went under the waterfall and got soaked. I just couldn't do it......no need to get that wet and that cold. I was fine just having my feet numbed by the ice cold water I was walking in. Later that day we decided to tube the Chattahoochee (again). It was hot so the water felt pretty good. Tubing the hooch is always fun! The kids love it! All in all we had a great time and the kids didn't want to leave on Sunday. There was still a bit to explore at the campground......we'll have to go back someday and stay a little longer next time. Hope everyone had a wonderful Father's day!
No comments:
Post a Comment