The pictures below are just a small sample of the hundreds that we took on our 3 day cruise. For those of you that know us well you know we take WAY too many pictures. I posted as many as I could.....
Little did I know that John was above me people watching too.....watching me that is!
For our 17th anniversary this year (and for Father's and Mother's Day) we decided to give ourselves a trip away.....just the 2 of us. We haven't really done that since Ansley was born. I hate to fly but told John I would be willing to take a cruise. So, we found a 3 night cruise that was at the right time and the right price and the rest is history. We left Port Canaveral last Friday afternoon and returned on Monday morning. On Saturday we were in Nassau all day and then on Sunday we were on Royal Caribbean's island of Coco Cay all day. The weather was great....a little cloudy but we never got any rain. We could see it raining in the distance but it managed to avoid us. The whole trip was very relaxing but we missed not being able to talk to our kids on the phone each evening before they went to bed. I was ready to see them when we picked them up in Savannah on Monday afternoon. They were ready to see us too -- or so they say :-)
If you've never taken a cruise I highly recommend it. Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas was pretty good but we were on one of their smaller ships so I'm sure some of the bigger ones are even better. I probably wouldn't take the girls on the one we were on. The Disney Cruise line is definitely on the top of my list so far. They are excellent and everything is family oriented so you really don't have to worry much about what your kids are seeing or hearing. However, I would like to try Royal Caribbean's newest vessel, The Oasis of the Seas. Looks awesome. And Disney is coming out with 2 new ships in the next few years also. Those will be spectacular too I can assure you. This definitely won't be the last cruise for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment